Sunday, November 3, 2013

November training update

This morning was rainy and made for a wet ride to work (8 miles).  The afternoon cleared up nicely, and I was able to take an extended ride (32 miles).  This 40 miles is the most riding I have done in one day, and it taught me two things.  First, I confirmed that 40 miles a day is totally manageable as I suspected it would be.  I won't know for a while how it will feel to do this day after day as next year will require, but this is a good start.  Second, I learned that I can comfortably ride in normal pants, a T-shirt, and a very light polyester shell in 43F weather. There was a fair amount of wind today, but it was not a huge issue. I did, however, wear fleece gloves at all times today and they helped for a very comfortable ride. Much of the next two months will be spent trying to figure out exactly what I will wear while cycling and birding in various weather conditions. This was a good first experiment. It will really get interesting once the temperature gets down into the 20s! This is a map of the 32-mile afternoon ride.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Dorian,

    Its great to see your first post, the map looks great. Did you do any birding on your trip, or just biking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete