Sunday, December 1, 2013

Bike purchased!

After a fair amount of research, I purchased the 2014 Surly Disc Trucker on Saturday.  It is an industry standard touring bike that has been used on many cross country cycling trips.  I gave it a ride today and it handles really well.  I think the most significant feature I noticed is the smooth ride; This bike handles the humpy Boston roads without problem.  I would liken this ride of this bike to a Lincoln Towncar.  It is big and sturdy, and it than can carry a lot of stuff while providing a very smooth ride. I am sure there are sportier bikes, but this beast is definitely built for the long haul. I'm just looking to average 10-12 miles per hour when averaged over the entire year. I have ordered some front and rear racks, and I will post another update as I start the customization process. I have a custom fitting scheduled for Friday.  Please stay tuned.....

1 comment: