Sunday, March 16, 2014

Mar 16 (Day 75) - Last day with Sonia, Phillies spring training

This is going to be a quick post since I want to spend as much time as possible with Sonia tonight. She leaves tomorrow morning. I will flip back into birding mode once she takes off. Tomorrow is going to be a complete disaster weather-wise, so I am just going to move 10 miles north to Dunedin where I have some friends with whom I can crash for a night. The real birding action will start again on Tuesday. I will have lots of time to blog tomorrow. I will post a rather extensive extended plan for the next few weeks so that readers will have an idea of what I'll be doing for the rest of the month and beyond.

Today's big event was the Phillies spring training game against the Pirates. We rented a bike for Sonia, and the two of us went for an extended ride before the game. We biked a total of 22 miles today. This is exactly 22 more than the number of runs that the Phillies scored today. Needless to say we did not have a lot for which to cheer today. I should remind folks that I am originally from Philly; This should explain the Phillies' allegiance in addition to the Red Sox loyalty.


Tour de Clearwater

Out front of Bright House Field

Our seats - Sonia on left of panorama!

Osprey - a photo from the other day. I figured I'd give you a bird
shot since I've deprived you of them the last few days. This guy
is drying his wings after what I assume was a fishing expedition.

No comments:

Post a Comment